Vegetable Paneer Bhurji is a North Indian Recipe made up of mainly with scrambled paneer that is Cottage cheese. I choose this recipe as it is healthy and kids friendly recipe. This recipe is high in protein. Instead of scrambled eggs and Vegetable Paneer Bhurji is best option for vegetarians. This can be taken with Bread toast, Rotis and Parathas.
- Serving Size 100g
- Servings 3
- Amount Per serving Calories 292
|Prep.Time: 5 Mins||Cook.Time: 15 Mins||Total Time: 20 Mins|
|Course: Breakfast Recipe||Cuisine: North Indian||Servings: 3|
- 200 grams crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons oil
- salt as required
- a few coriander leaves and mint leaves for garnishing
- lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- crumble the paneer and keep aside
- chop the onions, tomatoes and green chili and keep aside.
- crush the ginger and keep aside.
- clean the coriander and mint leaves.
- heat oil in a pan.
- add cumin seeds, bay leaf and cinnamon. Once they get browned, add green chili and ginger. Then add onions.
- saute till the raw aroma of the raw onion goes away.
- Then add tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
- now add all the dry powder – turmeric.
- Then add Bell pepper.
- And add the crumbled paneer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- add chopped coriander and mint leaves and mix.
Serve Vegetable Paneer bhurji hot with bread toast or rotis.