As yesterday was my Hubby’s Birthday I planned for baking a cake. Every year i do that without fail. But this time as i have started a 30 days Healthy Lifestyle Challenge, I was thinking how to make a healthy version of birthday cake.
So what are the ingredients which is not much healthier in a birthday cake:
- All Purpose Flour
So I thought of changing it to a healthier version like
- Whole Wheat Flour
- And No Egg
Read further to learn the recipe.
- Serving Size 100g
- Servings 4
- Amount Per serving Calories 883
|Prep.Time: 10 Mins||Cook.Time: 30 Mins||Total Time: 50 Mins|
|Course: Dessert||Cuisine: Indian||Servings: 6|
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Jaggery Grated – 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt a pinch
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
TO GREASE PAN:
- Wheat flour as required
- Butter as required
- Sift all dry ingredients together except jaggery in a mixing bowl
- Powder Jaggery in the blender and Add Jaggery powder to the mixing bowl.
- Now add all the wet ingredients.
- Mix it to even. Don’t over mix.
- Line the bottom of the baking pan with a parchement paper.
- Apply butter and flour to the sides.
- Spread the cake batter evenly.
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins.
- Bake at 180* Celsius for about 35- 40 minutes.
- Insert toothpick to check that the cake as baked fully and the toothpick came out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool off for 10 Minutes.
Simple Whole Wheat Sponge Cake is Ready to serve.
Try it Out and Comment me How was yours? 🙂